They are very tasty in this version and can also be a fasting food.
- 1 kg of potatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3-4 tablespoons of water
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 oven bag
Preparation time: less than 60 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Baked rosemary potatoes:
We peel the potatoes and cut them into larger slices.
In a bowl put the tomato paste, pepper, ginger and paprika. Add water and mix well. Add the potatoes to the bowl and chew well. We put them in the oven bag, sprinkle rosemary in abundance, seal the bag and put it in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
We cut the bag after 30 minutes and put it in the oven for another 7-8 minutes.
They can also be served as a garnish for steaks, they can be served as in my case with tzatziki, or simple as fasting food.
New potatoes with garlic and rosemary, in the oven
New potatoes with garlic and rosemary, in the oven, step by step recipe. How to peel new potatoes? How to prepare some new brown and tender potatoes, simple and fast.
Undoubtedly, Romanians love potatoes and I am Romanian too. I couldn't make a discordant note. No matter how much we avoid these starchy tubers, that they make you fat, that they don't have any nutritional value, that they don't have much vitamins either (although they do contain some vitamin B6) & # 8230 dom & # 8217le, they are good ! Just as good for licking your fingers are the potato recipes I've already published, starting with quick recipe for baked potatoes with bacon and onion, then delicious potato stew or Crispy baked potatoes & # 8211 with a texture and taste almost identical to fried, but 99% less oil.
And yes, it is commendable to try to make the most of the value of each food you put in your mouth and choose what you eat based on that. It's just that it seems so human to give in sometimes, giving up superfoods for something simple and good.
New potatoes, however, have fewer calories than ripe ones, because, being raw, they contain more water. So we can take advantage of the new potato season by accompanying our steaks with delicious garnishes. Moreover, we can even consider them the star of a vegetarian dish, with a little cheese or simply with a well-seasoned salad next to it.
Perhaps the simplest way to prepare new potatoes is the one I propose to you today: in the oven, flavored with aromatic herbs and spices to taste. I stayed with the classic version. I added rosemary and garlic to my potatoes. You can put whatever you like. They are made very easy, you will not have to work with them, actually, more than 15 minutes, after which the oven does everything. Let's see what to do!
1 kilogram of small potatoes or Jersey Royals
1 tablespoon olive oil
sea salt and black pepper
2 sprigs of rosemary
Difficulty: easy & middot Preparation time: 40 minutes & middot Nr. servings: 4
Wash the potatoes well and then boil them. When they are ready to boil, drain the water well and sprinkle with a little olive oil, add salt, pepper and rosemary.
Heat the oven to 220 ° C, place the potatoes in a pan and leave them in the oven for about 25 minutes, or until they turn golden. You can also wrap it in aluminum foil.
Ingredients New baked potatoes with garlic and rosemary
- 1 kg of new potatoes (1.14 kg. I used)
- 2- 4 cloves of garlic (depending on how big they are and how much you like garlic)
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 30 ml. olive oil and pepper to taste
How to peel new potatoes?
Many people prepare new potatoes with their skins. If you prefer them that way, all you have to do is wash them very well. You can then use them in your preparations. If, however, you prefer to be cleansed of the skin on the surface, here are some tricks that could be useful:
- Under a stream of cold water, rub the new potatoes with a clean (new) dish sponge. The thin skin on the surface will disappear as if by magic.
- Wash the new potatoes well. While they are wet, rub them all over the surface with coarse salt. The skin on the surface will be removed.
- The abrasive wire sponge is also very effective, we just have to handle it gently, otherwise it will scratch the potatoes on the surface.
1. After we have cleaned / washed well and wilted the potatoes, we remove the rosemary leaves from the stem. We chop them finely. I also kept a few small twigs, which I put on top when I put the potatoes in the oven. Peel the garlic and slice it into thin slices or crush it, if you prefer. We can now also start the oven, setting it at 200 ° C or 190 ° C with ventilation.
2. It is important to cut the potatoes into equal pieces. Thus, they will penetrate at the same time during cooking. We will not end up with red and well-cooked potatoes mixed with larger pieces left raw. So, the small potatoes are left whole, the larger ones are cut in halves, the big ones in 6-8 pieces. The volume of the potato pieces should be approximately equal.
3. Choose a suitable dish for the oven, add the garlic and rosemary. Pour the olive oil on top.
4. Season in abundance with salt and pepper. Do not skimp on the seasoning, potatoes need salt because otherwise they will be phased. Mix well, so that the flavors and oil reach each piece.
5. Put the potatoes in the oven already heated to 200 ° C or 190 ° C with ventilation, where they will remain for 35 & # 8211 45 minutes. Depending on the size of the pieces, but also on the variety of potatoes, some are harder to cook than others. Halfway through the cooking time, I mixed it once with the spatula, bringing to the surface the pieces of potatoes from the bottom of the pot and then I let them continue to cook.
6. After exactly 43 minutes (in my case), the new potatoes with rosemary and garlic were exactly to my taste: tender and soft on the inside, reddish and crunchy on the outside and absolutely delicious.
I recommend you try these new potatoes with garlic and rosemary along with a wonderful one Put in the oven in a paper bag or another steak, but also simple, for example with a dill sauce, to complete a simple and exceptionally tasty seasonal dish. Great appetite!
Baked potatoes with herbs & # 8211 Ingredients
- 500 gr white potatoes
- 30 ml of sunflower oil
- salt and pepper
- smoked paprika
- fresh rosemary
- dried thyme
- dry sage
- dried basil
- dried oregano
- 5 cloves of garlic
- green dill
- green parsley
Baked potatoes with vegetables and rosemary
1 half kilo of potatoes, 2 pumpkins, 3 carrots, 2 onions, 1 leek, 2 white or red bell peppers as desired, 2 teaspoons rosemary, 4 cloves garlic, salt and pepper to taste, 2 teaspoons oregano, 50 ml oil
Peel the potatoes, wash and cut into cubes and place in a bowl. Peel the onions and finely chop them, as well as the leeks, then add them over the potatoes. Peel the carrots, wash and cut them into rounds, then add them over the onions and potatoes. Wash the zucchini and cut them into cubes, do the same with the bell peppers, then put them over the rest of the chopped vegetables. Add the finely chopped or chopped garlic, salt and pepper, rosemary, oregano and oil. Mix all the ingredients very well with a spatula.
Line a tray with baking paper, add the mixture of vegetables and potatoes and bake the tray for about 35-40 minutes at 180 degrees.
From time to time mix in the tray so that it does not stick, eventually you can add 2-3 tablespoons of water. After they have lightly browned on the surface and are well done, take them out of the oven and sprinkle with a little lemon juice. .It can be served simple or as a garnish.
We wish you good appetite and increase your cooking!
* The content of this article is for information only and is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice. For a correct diagnosis, we recommend that you consult a specialist.
Preheat the oven to 200 ° C (top and bottom heat) or 180 ° C (ventilation baking / convection function). Wash the potatoes well and cut them in half lengthwise.
Mix, in a bowl, olive oil with granulated garlic, hot paprika and rosemary. Place the potatoes on a tray lined with baking paper, with the cut surface facing up. Grease the potato pieces with the mixture of oil and spices and season with sea salt. Put the tray in the preheated oven and bake for about 22-25 minutes.
Tip: Alternatively, fry the potatoes in a pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil for about 15 minutes. Then add the oil and spice mixture and let the potatoes brown for about 5 minutes.
Potatoes with herbs and garlic & # 8211 in the oven or in the pan
Potatoes with herbs and garlic & # 8211 in the oven or in the pan. The recipe for golden, brown and very fragrant potatoes with rosemary, basil, thyme, oregano, sage and garlic. How to make the best potatoes with rosemary or other herbs? Potato recipes. Baked potato recipes. Potato garnish recipes. Fasting or vegan recipes.
These potatoes with herbs and garlic can be made both in the pan and in the oven. They are delicious and brown on the outside and creamy on the inside. With each sip, you can feel the wonderful aromas of Mediterranean herbs.
I used new potatoes but you can also make this recipe with old potatoes. Potatoes can be left whole or cut into halves or quarters (depending on size). If they have a thin shell it can be kept. If you cook these potatoes with herbs as a vegan or fasting dish you will replace the butter with oil.
The herbs I use from the fresh ones, in pots. If you don't have one, you can also use their dried versions: rosemary, thyme, sage, basil and oregano.
Of course you can sort them by taste and eliminate the ones you don't like. Here's how to make baked potatoes with rosemary alone here or here.
From the quantities below it results approx. 2 servings of potatoes with herbs and garlic & # 8211 in the oven or in the pan.
Baked fish fillets with potatoes and rosemary
An extremely delicious combination and only good after the food we loaded our digestive system with at Christmas. It is a light food and not to mention the simplicity and speed with which it is prepared!
10 suitable potatoes
3-4 fish fillets, depending on preference
1 head of garlic
10 cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup water
the juice of half a lemon
4-5 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons capers
Method of preparation
1. Peel the potatoes, cut them into rounds and place them in a heat-resistant dish
2. Cut the tomatoes, grind the garlic and sprinkle between the potatoes
3. Place the rosemary sprigs in place and season with salt, pepper and basil
4. Place on the surface the fish slices sprinkled with basil, a little lemon, capers, salt and pepper
5. Pour 1/2 cup of water, 4-5 tablespoons olive oil, cover with aluminum foil and put in the oven
6. Leave in the oven for about half an hour, after which you can remove the foil and leave a little to brown.